Saturday, January 19, 2008

Emma's One!







































Emma turned one on January 6, and we celebrated with her
first party Saturday the 5th. Emma loved playing with her cousin
and friends as the "adults" in her life signed a scrapbook I made for her and played a game of Emma's firsts. Then we had cake that my mom and I made, which she LOVED once she finally got a taste. She wasn't quite sure what to do with it at first but definitely enjoyed the sugar! I included a picture of the cake even though it looked 80ish as Ben put it, but it was homemade with lots of love. : ) It was so hard to plan a first birthday...we talked about some different themes and landed on princess, but when I went looking for a princess cake to order, it just seemed too grown up for my baby! I ended up with a color (pink and green) theme instead. Themes at her age are all about the parents' choice anyway. We finished up the party with a lot of generous and thoughtful gifts! Ben and I didn't really have a hard time with Emma turning one until we wrote in her scrapbook. We did it at separate times when we were alone and both got a little emotional. We enjoyed watching the video from her "birth" Sunday afternoon while she was napping and were amazed at how she's changed since those first few days of life. What a tremendous blessing from the Lord Emma is in our lives; we are so very thankful and humbled!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like it was a fun and special 1st birthday for Emma! I can't believe that she is already one - I'm sure that y'all can't either. Glad you made it through all the sickness at Christmas. Maybe we can talk sometime soon. Love, Eli :)