Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Memorial Day Week-end

Had to include a picture of Ben playing basketball since we spent many Tuesdays and Thursdays watching him! Their season didn't go quite as well as they had hoped, but they did well and most of them had fun in the process. The second picture is of Emma feeding the geese and ducks with Ben for the first time. One afternoon several weeks ago, we packed a picnic and headed out to Ebenezer Park. We had so much fun picnicking, feeding ducks, swinging and just being outside! I am so thankful for spontaneous outings such as that; they always seem to be some of the best experiences and memories. I wish we could figure out making life less busy for ourselves so that we would have more time to be spontaneous and just enjoy being a family.

Ben went to Atlanta with my dad, Kent, and Rick for Kent's birthday again this year. They went for the Braves game Saturday and then spent the night before heading home Sunday. While they were gone, we "girls" and Will headed out to the Kimbrell's to spend some time with them and on the water. We had great fun, as always, and it was so good to just be together-something we don't get to do too often. Eddie let the kids help him drive the boat (he definitely needs at least one more child!) ; )--I was afraid to let Ben see pictures of Emma enjoying being on a boat and driving one; he wants one badly enough without knowing how much fun she had! We found some ducks to feed while on the water, and all the kids LOVED that. I really enjoyed it too because of all the babies--they were so precious! It is so fun to watch Emma in those new experiences and see her try to fit things into her schema! As you can see, Emma got a kick out of the potty on the boat, too!







After the guys got home from Atlanta, we had dinner and dessert at Momma's to celebrate Kent's birthday together.
Random picture of Emma on top of the coffee table playing with the coasters...

I never know where I'm going to find her--or what I'll find her doing to entertain herself!

No comments: