It's Monday and usually laundry day around here. For the most part, it's a nice, laid back day at home. Not today. Bryson got into a jar of peanut butter and was eating it with a spreader while I went to the bathroom. He is possibly allergic, so I was trying to not let anxiety rule my morning, eventually I just gave him some benadryl just in case. I put Ava down for a nap shortly after that, and Bryson, Emma and I went on the back porch for them to play a while. It was a dreary morning, and the kids wanted to watch a movie and eat popcorn after we came inside. I needed to mop, so after they helped sort the first clean load for folding, I let them choose a movie, while I got the popcorn. What a peaceful 30-40 minutes! I got the kitchen mopped and more laundry done. Then the peace left my house...the kids ate lunch, I put Bryson down, started Emma on making some ladybugs out of egg cartons, finally sat down to eat something for the first time of the day at 1:30...then Bryson started coughing fits, got him calmed down, went back to eat and help Emma. Then he cranked back up, so I got him water and meds, but couldn't get him settled so I took him to the couch. Ava was awake by then, so I got her in her chair with lunch. By then, Bryson was interested in making bugs WAY more than resting, so I let him get to creating. While I was working on laundry, I heard way too much excitement and went in to the kitchen to find two tubes of glitter all over the place! Ava was having too much fun spreading it everywhere and trying to eat it. I sent them to their rooms so I could try to clean without glitter getting all over the house. I was just about finished with that mess when I heard the laughter that always means trouble...found them in their bathroom. They had plugged in the fiber optic pumpkin and for some reason decided to spit water on the pumpkin. Thank the Lord he spared my kids from getting shocked! The pumpkin was soaked, and the counter was standing in water. After tending to that fiasco, I went to Ava's room to spend some time with her since she was crying SO much. I heard a very loud boom, ran to check on Emma and Bryson. The sound was the firescreen falling, and they were in the fireplace holding the fire poker things and covered in soot. Ugh!!! Some times they do drive me crazy!!
Being a homemaker is truly some of the hardest work I've ever done. It is by far the most rewarding, and I am thankful that most days are just full of the details I left out of this post and not quite so full of the "adventure"!
Monday, November 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment