Sunday, October 01, 2006

Life Changes

Well, some of you know that my sister created and has maintained this blog so far, but I am attempting to take over my life now. ; ) For some reason she thinks I should keep my friends and family better informed...

A LOT has changed in our lives lately. First of all, we did move into our new home Labor Day week-end, Ben started his business this past week, Precision Plumbing Co., and I am now 27 weeks pregnant! I believe it was Beth who told me the time would fly; I doubted in my sick days, but now we're getting somewhat anxious at how quickly Emma is coming!

The past month and a half have been quite the growing and learning experience for us. The Lord has blessed us beyond comprehension with friends and family that have gone more than the extra mile to help us get our house ready for inspection and moving. We are so grateful for the help we received with everything from laying tile and hardwoods to moving in all our "junk". The Lord continues to teach us and try to break through our thick skulls at how trustworthy he really is. Entering into self-employment and an unstable financial world at this time is probably one of the scariest times I've been through. I am amazed at Ben's desire and willingness to put his trust in the Lord through it all and to provide for me and Emma. As I tried to plan and comprehend things in my feeble mind, I was very much stressed, but the Lord has shown his faithfulness and provision despite my lack of confidence. I finally decided to "let go and let God" and I have felt so much more at peace. He continues to provide us with work and opportunities, as he already provided so that we started our business debt free. We have both learned so much that would probably bore my few readers, so I'll stop here...but if you ever have similar uncertainties and need encouragement, I have plenty of examples of His faithfulness!!

We started our Childbirth classes this week, and Ben is working on painting Emma's crib as I type. We have partially registered, but not much else is ready for our sweet baby girl's arrival! Hopefully, we can get to things in the next few weeks!

The house is coming along. Ben has a good bit of grass coming up in the yard, so it's looking a little more lived in...we've had a leak problem with the chimney, so the inside of the fireplace is not finished. Definitely have lots left to "decorate" as well, but we're making progress. I will try to get pictures to Rick soon so that he can update the website.

Maybe now that I've actually done this blog thing I can update more often and MUCH less lengthy!

4 comments:

lilsquirt said...

Great job on the blog!!! The house looks wonderful and we are very proud of you and Ben both for all that you have accomplished so far and will continue to pray for you in the months to come as you finish the house, work on building up the business and prepare for Emma's arrival!!! Can't wait to be an AUNT!!! :)

beth ewing said...

Now of course I want pictures of your growing belly. I told you time would fly. And you'll look back and realize it more once she comes. I realized recently that a year ago, I got pregnant. I can't believe it's been a year and now I have a 4 month old son. We're here for you guys in any way we can be. We miss you and can't wait to see you.

beth ewing said...

ok so i saw the pictures of you on your website and you're growing. from 24 to 25 weeks emma got alot bigger. won't be long now!

beth ewing said...

i just looked at the pictures of your house. it looks great. can't wait to see it in person. when did you get a dog?