I cannot believe how incredibly fast another Christmas is approaching! We have had a wonderful year, full of blessings for which we are very grateful!
We are all settled in our home now that we have been here just a little over a year. We've been able to make a lot of progress with the yard, and Ben's built a few things in the house that we didn't have time to get to before moving in last year. I'm sure between the two of us, there will always be a project to work toward! We LOVE being here though and are extremely thankful for the space and privacy! The kids are getting more and more comfortable wandering off into the woods, so I will probably really have my work cut out come Spring!
Though our year started out in the hospital with Ava, things have gotten increasingly better! We have taken several trips, celebrated both my parents turning 60, welcomed Mary Matheson and family back to Rock Hill, watched Clemson win the ACC championship and had lots of fun little outings with our family. We have had a few sad times as well, including losing Ben's PapPap, but it is those times that remind us of just how blessed we are as well as how much God is in control.
Emma continues to blossom into a nurturing little girl. She has blown my mind this year with how much she has learned and how much she has branched out! She is really getting ready for school and seems very excited about it, which helps me feel a little more at peace with the idea. She used to be so clingy and petrified of me leaving her at new places with new people, and I was so worried about school. But in the last few months, she has changed drastically and is looking forward to making new friends and learning new things at school. I am definitely a little sad that our time together at home is winding down, but I know we'll still get some good time together. I think I'm more sad about the idea of not having her help at home! : ) Her imagination is full force, and I love watching it in action! She is quite the boss often, all the way down to her mannerisms! It is so funny to watch her be "me" when she plays Mommy and Daddy. She loves dressing up too, especially in my clothes and shoes. Ben and I get to watch a lot of shows where she gets dressed up and sings and dances for us. Too precious! Most importantly, her heart for the Lord and her understanding of spiritual matters continues to develop, and I am so humbled and grateful for the Lord's grip on her heart!! It is my prayer that we will continue to nurture that growth and that she will always be so sensitive to the Lord's ways!
Bryson continues to thrive as well. He is still a passionate little thing--just as mean as can be when he's mad but, oh, the sweetest and most lovable little thing when he's loving! He is still Mommy's little man at night (not sure I'm so fortunate there!), but he is 100% Daddy's in the day time! He looks out the front door several times a day for Daddy and randomly cries wanting his Daddy. He can hardly contain the joy and excitement the minute Daddy walks in the door! I am grateful he has such a wonderful Daddy to look up to so much! He still loves tractors and is now getting into monster trucks and cars as well. He still loves to play ball, and we are amazed at his talent! It probably sounds a little biased, but he really is a natural at sports. I never expect the coordination and ability he demonstrates when playing anything with a ball. He is still way too rough and has not quite figured out that he cannot tackle Ava or pick her up by her neck! He does love her so much though! He adores Emma too and loves talking to her and learning from her. He is big into "tendin'" with her. I am afraid his little heart might break when she starts school! He is beginning to really take off learning about God and keeps us accountable to doing our advent devotions each night.
Ava is doing well too and keeps us laughing! Just thinking about her makes me laugh! She is full of personality and a spunky little thing! There is never a doubt about what she wants--you can see and hear her desires! : ) She is the cutest little dancer and loves music. She's a walker and climber and can be found just about anywhere doing anything! We are at the mess age, where the messes seem to follow her! ; ) She has been teething like crazy for at least the past 6 weeks, probably longer. Our sleep is really lacking, and I look forward to the process ending! She had 4 teeth when the process started, and I think she's on her 14th tooth right now, and 4 of them are molars that have been AWFUL! She is always trying to keep up with Bryson and Emma and even prefers their cups and whatever is on their plates. She loves being outside as much as they do, and will pitch a huge fit if the door gets open and she doesn't get out!
Ben has had a pretty good year with the business, a little up and down, but we are definitely finishing the year strong. He is hoping to start building some in the new year. He still enjoys hunting and even took Emma behind our house once this year. Bryson's heart was broken, so I am sure he will be in the woods soon too! He continues to serve as deacon at church and amazes me with his servant heart. He really cares for the church and is always willing to go help with projects when asked. He continues to be a great provider for our family in every way, and we are very thankful for him!
I am still home with the kids, helping with finances and paperwork for the business, and volunteering at church. Our mom's ministry, Refresh, is going well, and I am thankful for the women who are a part of that ministry. I have been taking turns teaching a class on Wed. nights and have loved being able to use my gifts in that field again as well as getting to know those children better. I helped direct VBS this year and am working with our Children's Director to write the curriculum and help direct again next Summer. Writing the curriculum is a challenge, but I am excited about it because I'll really know what's going on in every aspect, and I think we can make everything more effective this way.
Ben and I are still working with the youth as well and love our time with the high school kids! It is hard with our kids' ages, and we are not able to do quite as much as we'd like, but we enjoy spending time with them as we are able. We've had them out to the house several times for events this year and hope to be able to share it much more!
We are humbled by the many undeserved blessings the Lord has poured out on us! Hopefully, our service to such a gracious God is bringing Him at least a fraction of the joy he brings us! We pray that the grace and peace of God will be poured out upon you and your family this Christmas season and in the New Year! May He bless you most of all with the gift of knowing Him deeply! Merry Christmas!!
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment