
A while back I posted about starting a women's ministry. A few of my friends and I finally worked through some goals and ideas and got things rolling the first of June. ~Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have
refreshed the hearts of the saints. Philemon 1:7~
This verse from Philemon is our purpose: to refresh the hearts of other women as we love and encourage one another. So far this has come mostly through sheer fellowship. We meet every Thursday and every other Monday as of now...one Monday being a "ladies night" designed to leave those with kids childless as we fellowship. We did have a recipe exchange one day and an encouraging our husbands topic one day. We're hoping to do more of this as the weather cools down and we begin more house hopping. Right now, our Thursday meetings are at a pool at the home of some people at church, which has been a huge blessing! It has been so neat to see the Lord affirm our group as more women have joined us, and I see the need for fellowship more and more through conversations. I am so thankful we have the privelege of meeting with and openly discussing what the Lord's doing in our lives so openly! I am not good about getting pictures at our events, however, so I don't have much to post. The pictures above are Emma with her friends Kayleigh and Linnea after a swim. If anyone reading has any ideas for us, please share as we are open to the Lord's direction as we plan a month at a time and see what our needs are as we grow and change.

1 comment:
i'm so glad you guys are starting that. as christians...and especially women...we need that fellowship with other women. one idea that i had was to pair up an older, more experienced woman and mother with a younger woman. kind of a mentoring or discipleship thing. just a thought.
Post a Comment